Syncronization rights for independant artist labels

November 2, 2012

I was recently asked, by a Local 104 Union friend, about royalties and syncronization rights. I’ve recently had some experience with NPR royalties myself. You log into your CD baby account and go to the syncronization rights in each albums folder and click yes on all the cuts that you own the copyright or current mechanical license on. I think the royalties start from that point in time onward. Hope that helps with the money your owed. Although I would do the Sync rights at the set up for each additional album right from the start, since it may depend on when companies or entities recieve the notice. It will show up in your CD baby account in the mechanical royalties catagory I believe.